“The underlying truth of what we do is that homes are fickle and jobs are unpredictable. Once this statement is understood and you trust that we are fair, honest and competent then all else will make sense.”
Initial visit and estimate:
- After an inquiry is made either by phone, email or website. A time will then be set up for a staff member to visit your home or workplace and perform an estimate. It is preferred that the customer meet with the technician but in some cases is not required. This estimate is free of charge.
- An estimate will then be sent by email usually within 3 days. Custom pricing on materials might require more research and time.
- Our estimates are based upon 20 years’ experience in the field as well as the law of averages. WSHR has been in business for over 10 years and have submitted over 1300 estimates and completed over 2000 projects. (Many of our projects do not require estimates.)
- After an estimate is “Accepted” a time will be set up for the start of your project. An e-mail will be sent noting the date. An email will also be sent the day before as a reminder.
- Please note that it is not uncommon for the date to be changed possibly more than once. The nature of our business is that oftentimes the unexpected happens. When we are on a jobsite we prefer to remain until the work is complete, no matter how many unexpected twist and turns it takes.
- Scheduling is also subject to changes in weather.
- You will be informed by email of any changes in schedule as soon as possible.
This means that when we arrive on your jobsite you will have our best effort to complete your project uninterrupted.
- Every technician/subcontractor that works with and alongside Willard Square Home Repair is required to carry liability insurance.
- For projects over $2000.00 a 33% deposit is required.
- Deposits are also required for all projects requiring special orders.
We seldom do new construction. We specialize in small repairs, additions, improvements, minor renovations and handyman services. This means that walls are rarely straight and what appears on the surface might not reveal what is below the surface. Oftentimes a simple repair turns into a major repair and sometimes a major repair is cured with a small fix.
- Before your project begins each technician/subcontractor is informed about the details and scope of your project including estimated hours and material cost.
- Our projects manager supervisors are required to update the customers regularly regarding progress. Updates occur at different time points based upon the scope of the project.
- After they update you, the customer, can choose to continue with work or discontinue the work.
- If you are informed that the project will exceed the estimated time and materials and you choose to continue with the work then the billing will proceed based upon time and materials.
If you choose to discontinue the work then you will be expected to pay for the work completed up till that point.
- If we cannot get in touch with you during the process then a decision will need to be made before the start of the project regarding preferences.
- After a project is completed you will receive an invoice via email.
You have the option to pay by check or credit card.
- If you pay by credit card you will need to pay an additional 3% service fee. Please inform the office manager and she/he will adjust the invoice accordingly.
- Prompt payment of services rendered is greatly appreciated.
- We take pride in our our work and are 100% accountable for the work we do for 1 year. This does not apply to manufacturers’ defects on products or shipping delays based upon special orders.
- We are also available by phone and email 5 days a week from 85 to address any concerns.
- If you are unhappy with the work or notice that a touch up or correction is required then please give us a call immediately and we will return right away.
- Our hourly rate might change due to demand. The price and rate you are initially quoted will remain guaranteed for 1 year for individual projects and estimates.