“The underlying truth of what we do is that homes are fickle and jobs are unpredictable. Once this statement is understood and you trust that we are fair, honest and competent then all else will make sense.”
After an inquiry is made either by phone, e-mail or website, a time will then be set up for a staff member to visit your home or workplace and perform an estimate.It is preferred that the customer meet with the technician but in some cases is not required. This estimate is free of charge. Please note that once our work quota is filled we will temporarily halt on-site estimates. Instead, we encourage customers to e-mail pictures, measurements and details so that we can provide an on-line estimate.
Our estimates are based upon 20 years of experience in the field as well as the law of averages. WSHR has been in business since 2005 and have submitted over 1800 estimates and completed over 2800 projects. (Many of our projects do not require estimates)
- Estimates are projected costs, they are not an exact quote.
- The final tally can change based upon unexpected complications or circumstances that might arise.
- Our estimations are based upon time and materials and not a
- We will do our best to inform you of any significant changes or alterations over the course of your project.
- Ultimately your final invoice will reflect any differences.
- Estimates are valid for 2 months.
- After that time, pricing can be subject to change based upon increases in material costs and demand.
- Pricing will vary depending upon the customers’ product choices and design.
- After your specific product(s) is chosen we need to be informed via email of your selection, as well as the lead time for delivery of the item(s).
- Potential changes in pricing might arise as a result of your product choice. We highly recommend checking in with us regarding installation pricing after you have confirmed your product choice.
- If we are not informed of your product choice and there are overages due to unexpected modifications, complications or difficulties regarding installation, you will be billed based upon time and materials for any overages.
- We do not guarantee the following:
- External water penetration remediation. This is often a trial and error process.
- The longevity of paint/stain applied to decking and plaster surfaces.
- We are not interior designers and are not responsible for product choices, colors or design.
- If you enlist our services regarding these choices then you will be charged for any additional time, as well as all ramifications of choices that you disagree with.
- After an estimate is “Accepted” a time will be set up for the start of your project. An e-mail will be sent noting the date. An email will also be sent the day before as a reminder.
- Please note that it is not uncommon for the date to be changed possibly more than once. The nature of our business is that oftentimes the unexpected happens. When we are on a jobsite we prefer to remain until the work is complete, no matter how many unexpected twist and turns it takes.
- Scheduling is also subject to changes in weather.
- You will be informed by email of any changes in schedule as soon as possible.
This means that when we arrive on your jobsite you will have our best effort to complete your project uninterrupted.
- Every technician/subcontractor that works with and alongside Willard Square Home Repair is required to carry liability insurance.
- For projects over $3000 a 33% deposit is required.
- When material costs exceed ⅓ the total estimated contract price, we will require a deposit for 75% of materials costs and 33% of labor costs.
- Deposits are also required for all projects requiring special orders.
We seldom do new construction. We specialize in small repairs, additions, improvements, minor renovations and handyman services. This means that walls are rarely straight and what appears on the surface might not reveal what is below the surface. Oftentimes a simple repair turns into a major repair and sometimes a major repair is cured with a small fix.
- Before your project begins each technician/subcontractor is informed about the details and scope of your project including estimated hours and material cost.
- Our projects manager supervisors are required to update the customers regularly regarding progress. Updates occur at different time points based upon the scope of the project.
- After they update you, the customer, can choose to continue with work or discontinue the work.
- If you are informed that the project will exceed the estimated time and materials and you choose to continue with the work then the billing will proceed based upon time and materials.
If you choose to discontinue the work then you will be expected to pay for the work completed up till that point.
- If we cannot get in touch with you during the process then a decision will need to be made before the start of the project regarding preferences.
- After a project is completed you will receive an invoice via email.
You have the option to pay by check or credit card.
- If you pay by credit card you will need to pay an additional 3% service fee. Please inform the office manager and she/he will adjust the invoice accordingly.
- Full payment of services is to be rendered within seven days of the completion of your project.
- We take pride in our our work and are 100% accountable for the work we do for 1 year. This does not apply to manufacturers’ defects on products or shipping delays based upon special orders.
- We are also available by phone and email 5 days a week from 8am to 3pm to address any concerns.
- If you are unhappy with the work or notice that a touch up or correction is required then please give us a call immediately and we will return right away.
- Our hourly rate might change due to demand. The price and rate you are initially quoted will remain guaranteed for 2 months for individual projects and estimates.